Patricia Hill Collins is brilliant. Seriously. She gave a lecture in UCD on Wednesday night. I spent the hour frantically scribbling notes, trying to keep composed and look like a Sensible Adult. Inside my head, though?
It turns out, though, that the lecture theater couldn’t actually hold the entire population of Dublin, never mind Ireland. Or Europe, or everywhere. But guess what? The lovely folks at West Dublin Access Radio are interviewing her! Today! At 3.30pm GMT! And if you miss it, it’ll be repeated at the same time Monday! Tune in here! Or, y’know, click in, or whatever we’re calling it these days.
I mean, unless you don’t like listening to one of the people who originally articulated intersectionality as a lens for analysing and interacting with multiple systems of oppression and marginalisation. Or, I guess, if you have to work or sleep or something. I hear people do those things.
But if you get the chance, she’s well worth a listen.
Oh, and as I’m fangirling? GPOY TIME!
- Black Feminism (feministsofwestminster.wordpress.com)
- darnell l. moore: Black feminist intellectual: a conversation with professor imani perry (blkcowrie.wordpress.com)
- Knowledge is Power by Kelly Brown Douglas (feminismandreligion.com)
- “Theory is taught so as to make the student believe that he or she can become a Marxist, a feminist,…” (qu33riousity.tumblr.com)
- Love in the Time of AIDS wins C. Wright Mills Award (iupress.typepad.com)
- *TRIGGER WARNING* How To Love? Thoughts On Lil Wayne’s Emmett Till Lyrics And More (racialicious.com)
- Sociopathic Society Series: Violence, Race and Selective Sentimentality (redsociology.com)
- Wednesday Open Thread (jackandjillpolitics.com)